Dueling Axes Key Holder Job Listing (part- or full-time)
We’re looking for responsible, confident, energetic and reliable individuals to help others in your city experience something completely different and extremely fun – urban axe throwing. The Key Holder position will be an axe throwing coach as well as be responsible for mostly opening/closing shifts, and act as a shift lead if an Assistant Manager or General Manager is not on duty (full training will be provided). If you or someone you know is interested in an opportunity like this, please send a resume to email@example.com, attention Joshua. This position will be highly important in ensuring Dueling Axes facilities:
- Open and close on time
- Are thoroughly cleaned (following company COVID response cleaning protocols) and presentable to guests at the beginning of a shift and/or ready for opening staff at the end of a shift/closing
- Maintain exceptional cleanliness throughout every shift
- Deliver an unforgettable, fun experience that meets and exceeds client expectations
This position will require a minimum of 20 hours a week, and could provide as many as 40 hours a week. The qualified candidate in this position will also have the ability to obtain additional opportunities for growth as Dueling Axes grows. The Key Holder will report directly to the General Manager and be in possession of facility door keys in the local market. This position would potentially have the opportunity to work in one or more store locations in the same market where applicable.
The customer experience is of the utmost importance at Dueling Axes. The ideal candidate will have an extreme aptitude for customer service and be very safety conscious. Server/bartending/retail experience is preferred and the candidate should be comfortable talking to and interacting with groups.
Key Holder Responsibilities
This position will assist in the daily operations of the store including but not limited to host responsibilities, coaching guests, taking and serving beverage orders (where applicable) and assisting in training new coaches and hosts. Other responsibilities include:
- Opening and closing of facilities
- Counting/balancing the cash till at the beginning/end of each shift and logging accurate information using proper company procedure
- Shift customer service and operations (e.g. hosting, coaching, serving, reservation management and payments)
- Maintain upbeat attitude during shifts and interactions with guests and staff
- Assist in motivating staff to perform their best
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for staff
- Coach and support new and existing coaches and hosts
- Ensure that all company procedures and safety policies are followed at all times
- Communicate with customers and evaluate their needs
- Have excellent presentation and be confident coordinating groups of people
- Assist in the handling of complaints from customers where appropriate
- Preparation of venue and lanes for reservations including keeping the space clean, replacing targets and checking axes (use of light power tools such as power drills/screwdrivers)
- Participate in Dueling Axes special events
- Will hire for attitude and train for skill
- Will be required to learn and master all responsibilities for throwing axes, coaching and running front desk (Dueling Axes will train for this)
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Managerial or similar experience preferred but not required
- Trustworthy, responsible and punctual
- Mastery of customer service principles
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Be 18 years old or older and eligible to work in the United States
- Health and safety conscious
- Reliable, self-motivated and responsible
- Have reliable means of transportation
If you want to be part of a growing, local company that is focused on fun and customer service, this is for you. Dueling Axes, an urban axe throwing lounge, opened its doors in 2018 in Downtown Columbus, OH and quickly became one of the area’s most sought after experiences. With recent expansions into the New Albany, OH and Las Vegas, NV markets, we provide a unique, fun and safe experience to our customers by providing an approachable, inviting atmosphere, good music and an experience you cannot forget.
If you or someone you know is interested in an opportunity like this, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Joshua.
Dueling Axes and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. Dueling Axes strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.