(Part- to Full-time) – Downtown and Hamilton Quarter Locations
WE’RE ACTIVELY HIRING FOR THIS POSITION as of 1/5/21. Please send resume or work experience to Mike Renner @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking for responsible, confident, energetic and reliable individuals to help others in your city experience something completely different – urban axe throwing. We are hiring coaches for our Hamilton Quarter and Downtown Columbus locations (both inside Columbus). You’ll be instructing groups of up to 12 people and teaching them how to safely and effectively throw an axe. You will also be responsible for supervising the throwing lane area, keeping customers safe and encouraging a fun atmosphere. Light server responsibilities will be required as well. You will be expected to keep an upbeat attitude and presence and actively be part of the Dueling Axes experience. (Full training provided)
- Run events for up to 12 players per group, including safety briefings, axe throwing instruction, and general retail.
- Ensure guests have a fun, safe experience and have constant awareness of health and safety.
- Supervise gameplay, including being available to answer questions and instruct, uphold safety rules and regulations, act as referee when needed, interacting with the groups and generally ensuring everyone is having an amazing time.
- Take drink orders, communicate with bartender for order placement, serve drinks within assigned area.
- Safe use of basic power tools to maintain and replace targets – e.g., Cordless drill.
- Prepare venue and lanes for reservations including keeping the space clean, replacing targets and checking axes.
- Ensure that all company procedures and safety policies are followed at all times.
- You must have excellent presentation skills and be confident coordinating groups of people.
- Working hours – 20-40 hours a week. Working hours are flexible and dependent on when reservations are made. Most reservations will be on weekends and evenings, with specialty group events taking place during normal business hours.
- Will hire for attitude and train for skill
- Previous service industry or bartending experience a plus
- Previous experience of axe throwing is encouraged but not required
- If no previous experience, must have a keen interest to learn
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Be over the age of 18 and eligible to work in the United States
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Health and safety conscious
- Reliable, self-motivated and responsible
- Have reliable means of transportation
- Up to date first aid certification a plus (must be willing to obtain)
Send resume or work experience to Mike Renner @ email@example.com
If you want to be part of a growing, local company that is focused on fun and customer service, this is for you. Dueling Axes, an urban axe throwing lounge, opened its doors in 2018 in Downtown Columbus, OH and quickly became one of the area’s most sought after experiences. With recent expansions into the New Albany, OH and Las Vegas, NV markets, we provide a unique, fun and safe experience to our customers by providing an approachable, inviting atmosphere, good music and an experience you cannot forget.
Dueling Axes and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. Dueling Axes strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.