Customer Service and Event Sales Coordinator (full-time)
[This position has been filled. However, we may be hiring for it again later in 2020. If you are interested in this position, please send your resume as noted below] We’re looking for a responsible, confident, energetic and reliable individual to champion Dueling Axes’ customer service and event sales efforts. Your job will be highly important in ensuring our customers receive the individualized attention we have deemed as one of our core values to deliver the absolute best customer satisfaction experience. This position will require a flexible 30-40-hour work week and will offer additional opportunity for growth as Dueling Axes expands. Compensation is negotiable. Company cell phone and laptop will be provided.
The Customer Service and Event Sales Coordinator will report directly to the COO and work closely with the CMO and General Manager of each location to coordinate customer events, scheduling, space tours and offsite events. This position’s core function is to answer inbound phone calls and email requests for information regarding company operations, reservations, general questions, customer service inquiries and representing the company at offsite events. This position will also be expected to engage in prospecting efforts to find leads and sell group events including but not limited to small, large and corporate group events.
The ideal candidate will have strong phone and email communication skills with a sharp business mindset. They should be skilled at organizing and solving problems with an extreme aptitude for exceptional customer service. They will carry themselves with a professional personal presentation and keep timeliness in response at the forefront of their daily responsibilities.
PLEASE NOTE: Dueling Axes will provide full training for all aspects of this position. This role is intended to be a nontraditional full time position meaning the ideal candidate will be able to work remotely but also be required to occasionally work out of normal business hours. More information on this will be provided during the interview process.
Customer Service and Event Sales Coordinator Responsibilities
- Answer all inbound phone calls and emails as quickly as possible.
- In the event of missed calls, call back as soon as possible (whether voicemail was left or not), check voicemails and call back prepared with appropriate information.
- Understand and know all company policies and operational details. Be able to answer all questions asked via phone call, email or in person, take reservations over the phone, take deposits, book groups in scheduling software. (software training will be provided).
- Manage all firstname.lastname@example.org email requests and inquiries.
- Prospect, cold call and knock doors for new corporate business opportunities.
- Follow up with past inquiries to move sales pipeline into final sale. Answer any current group questions and make the booking process as easy as possible.
- Go through upcoming week in scheduling software. Reach out to upcoming groups coming in to ensure all participants have signed waivers, ask and provide catering information, answer all questions and set expectations of how their event will take place including who will be working their event.
- Review recent bookings in the scheduling software. Look for 1 person bookings, larger parties etc. Reach out to any one-person groups to confirm number of people in party. Adjust reservation as needed.
- Respond to community involvement and donation requests. In the event of participation, coordinate donation and logistic of getting material to recipient.
- When donating gift certificates, record all information for recipient. (Name, group, exp. date, tax ID and when certificate was redeemed).
- Attend tradeshows and networking events on behalf of Dueling Axes.
- When booking events outside of normal business hours. Coordinate with location management to ensure staffing requirements can be met.
- Track and record tax-exempt groups (group name, date of event, tax id number, event cost, etc.).
- Be responsible for marketing and tradeshow material for events. (material will be created for you, but you will be responsible for organizing and transporting material to events).
- Periodically pick up marketing and other material from printers (within Columbus)
- Update customer contact information as needed in the event of a failed email delivery communication.
- Try to answer calls during shop hours when shop seems busy.
- Act as gatekeeper to calls and emails coming in asking for access to business executive management and ownership.
- Will hire for attitude and train for skill.
- Will be required to learn and master all responsibilities for setting reservations within scheduling software, front desk duties, and company operational information (Dueling Axes will train for this).
- Self starter, self motivated and able to produce in an unsupervised setting.
- Trust worthy, responsible and punctual.
- Mastery of customer service principles.
- Proficient math skills.
- Organizational abilities.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Problem-solving attitude.
- Schedule flexibility.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Be over the age of 18 and eligible to work in the United States.
- Confident and outgoing personality.
- Health and safety conscious.
- Reliable, self-motivated and responsible.
- Have reliable means of transportation.
If you want to be part of a growing, local company that is focused on fun and customer service, this is for you. Dueling Axes, an urban axe throwing lounge, opened its doors in 2018 and quickly became one of the area’s most sought after experiences. We provide a unique, fun and safe experience to our customers by providing an approachable, inviting atmosphere, good music and an experience you cannot forget.
If you or someone you know is interested in an opportunity like this, please send a resume to email@example.com, attention Jess & Paul.