CODE OF CONDUCT
Our goal is to promote competition through sportsmanship and fair play. Our leagues/events should be played in a sportsmanship-like manner. Although competition may become intense, we expect our participants to maintain a high degree of sportsmanship up to and after the final throw. As a participant in any Dueling Axes tournament or event, you must pledge to:
- Respect the game, play fairly, and follow all rules and policies.
- Accept & respect the decisions of Dueling Axes officials.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship before, during, and after games, won or lose.
- Be responsible for the sportsmanship of teammates and assist in maintaining a respectful environment for all participants.
- Be courteous to opposing players, teams, officials, spectators, monitors, or facilitators and treat all players and officials with respect.
- Help to maintain and keep all equipment and conditions at the facility in good condition.
- Obey all facility rules, while respecting all equipment, common areas, playing areas, parking areas, and surrounding neighborhoods.
- Refrain from the use of abusive language or profanity. (Including but not limited to: contemptuous, discriminatory or denigratory words or actions concerning race, color, language, religion, gender, or sexual orientation
- Not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or well being of any player, official staff member, or spectator.
- Not engage in verbal, written, or physical threats or abuse aimed at any participant, official, staff member, or spectator.
- Not initiate a fight, scuffle, or exchange with any individual (including but not limited to: pushing, shoving, punching, kicking, verbal threats or harassment).
- Not use alcoholic beverages at any location unless permitted by the facility/venue.
- Not allow, use or encourage illegal drugs at any location.
- Wear/use all required and issued equipment and/or uniforms.
Sports are filled with judgment calls and, as a result, disputes between players, opponents, and staff may occur from time to time. However, it is important that participants respect and handle all disputes that may occur in a civilized manner. No one may argue/protest a call made by an official. Protests for player eligibility or rule misapplications/misinterpretations are time-sensitive and must be made before the next throw. All decisions made by on-site Dueling Axes Officials must be respected and obeyed. Any feedback regarding rules, players, officials, or staff members should be brought to the attention of management during normal business hours in written form. Any behavior deemed unacceptable by management may result in a verbal warning, ejection, suspension, and/or expulsion as outlined below. Repeated Code of Conduct violations by the same player or team could result in an expulsion from the league without refunds. All Code of Conduct violations during and outside of matches will result in disciplinary measures.
Upon an offense needing disciplinary action, it is recommended that the league official issue disciplinary action in this order:
- The offending thrower will first receive a verbal warning.
- Should similar offenses continue a second time then their most recent match points will be brought to 0 and the match count as a loss.
- Upon a third offense by the same player, then the offending player will be suspended from the season or tournament.
A league official is not required to follow disciplinary measures in this order.