(Part- to Full-time) – Downtown and Hamilton Quarter Locations
WE’RE ACTIVELY HIRING FOR THIS POSITION as of 2/24/20. Please send resume or work experience to Mike Renner @ email@example.com.
We’re looking for responsible, confident, energetic and reliable individuals to help others in your city experience something completely different – urban axe throwing. We are hiring coaches for both of Downtown Columbus and Hamilton Quarter locations. You’ll be instructing groups of up to 12 people and teaching them how to safely and effectively throw an axe. You will also be responsible for supervising the throwing lane area, keeping customers safe and encouraging a fun atmosphere. You will be expected to keep an upbeat attitude and presence and actively be part of the Dueling Axes experience. (Full training provided)
- Run events for up to 12 players per group, including safety briefings, axe throwing instruction, and general retail.
- Ensure guests have a fun, safe experience and have constant awareness of health and safety.
- Supervise gameplay, including being available to answer questions and instruct, uphold safety rules and regulations, act as referee when needed, interacting with the groups and generally ensuring everyone is having an amazing time.
- Safe use of basic power tools to maintain and replace targets – Cordless drill.
- Prepare venue and lanes for reservations including keeping the space clean, replacing targets and checking axes.
- Ensure that all company procedures and safety policies are followed at all times.
- You must have excellent presentation and be confident coordinating groups of people.
Working hours – 10-40 hours a week. Working hours are flexible and dependent on when reservations are made. Most reservations will be on weekends and evenings, with specialty group events taking place during normal business hours.
- Will hire for attitude and train for skill
- Previous service industry or bar tending experience a plus
- Previous experience of axe throwing is encouraged but not required
- If no previous experience, must have a keen interest to learn
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Be over the age of 18 and eligible to work in the United States
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Health and safety conscious
- Reliable, self-motivated and responsible
- Have reliable means of transportation
- Up to date first aid certification a plus (must be willing to obtain)
Send resume or work experience to Mike Renner @ firstname.lastname@example.org