Dueling Axes Assistant Manager Job Listing (full-time)
We’re looking for a responsible, confident, energetic and reliable individual to help the General Manager run our two Columbus Dueling Axes locations in downtown Columbus and New Albany. Your job will be highly important in ensuring the associate team meets its goals of efficiency and customer satisfaction. This position will require 30-40 hours a week, be compensated hourly, and will offer additional opportunity for growth as Dueling Axes grows. If you or someone you know is interested in an opportunity like this, please send a resume to Mike Renner at email@example.com.
The Assistant Manager will report directly to the General Manager and assist in the daily operations of the store, train coaches and hosts, monitor inventory and work with the General Manager to order inventory/merchandise based on need. You will have management responsibilities including opening and closing of the store, ensuring high level of staff performance, assist in employee scheduling as needed and participate in Dueling Axes special events. The Assistant Manager will also be aware of consumer behavior to ensure our store meets and exceeds client expectations.
The ideal candidate will have retail manager skills with a sharp business mindset. They should be skilled at organizing and solving problems with an extreme aptitude for customer service. Interpersonal and mediation skills will also be very useful as you’ll often be acting as liaison between managers, employees and customers. Ultimately, the duties of the Assistant Manager are to make sure the store operates effectively and that we keep our customers safe and happy.
Assistant Manager Responsibilities
- Coordinate daily customer service operations (e.g. hosting, coaching, reservation management and payments)
- Supervise and motivate staff to perform their best
- Act as our store’s representative and set an example for our staff
- Assist the General Manager in planning and implementing strategies to attract customers
- Monitor and maintain store inventory
- Assist in evaluating employee performance and identify hiring and training needs
- Coach and support new and existing coaches and hosts
- Suggest training programs and techniques
- Communicate with customers and evaluate their needs
- Handle any complaints from customers
- Make sure all employees adhere to company’s policies and guidelines
- Will hire for attitude and train for skill
- Will be required to learn and master all responsibilities for coaching and running front desk (Dueling Axes will train for this)
- Managerial or similar experience preferred but not required
- Trust worthy, responsible and punctual
- Experience with performance evaluation processes
- Mastery of customer service principles
- Proficient math skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Be over the age of 18 and eligible to work in the United States
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Health and safety conscious
- Reliable, self-motivated and responsible
- Have reliable means of transportation
If you want to be part of a growing, local company that is focused on fun and customer service, this is for you. Dueling Axes, an urban axe throwing lounge, opened its doors in 2018 and quickly became one of the area’s most sought after experiences. We provide a unique, fun and safe experience to our customers by providing an approachable, inviting atmosphere, good music and an experience you cannot forget.
If you or someone you know is interested in an opportunity like this, please send a resume to Mike Renner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dueling Axes and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. Dueling Axes strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.