WE’RE ACTIVELY HIRING FOR THIS POSITION as of 1/26/21. Please send resume or work experience to Mike Renner @ email@example.com.
We’re looking for responsible, confident, energetic and reliable individuals to help others in your city experience something completely different – urban axe throwing. We are hiring Hosts and Hostesses for both of Downtown Columbus and Hamilton Quarter locations. You’ll be the first person to interact with our guests as they walk through our doors, greet them, and set the example of the excellent customer service they will receive while interacting with us. This position will report directly to the General Manager and will be a part time position. Growth opportunities are available for server/axe throwing coach, and bartending positions.
For this role, you should have solid organizational and people skills to make sure our guests have a positive experience from the moment they arrive until their departure. You will be expected to answer phones, interact regularly with our guests, and work within the company reservation software to create/update/cancel reservations as well as check in guests for their reservations. Shift times are flexible, but you should be prepared to work nights and weekends.
An upbeat, friendly attitude should be portrayed at all times and your ability to provide excellent customer service and a pleasant experience to out guests will be required at all times.
- Welcome guests to the venue
- Provide accurate details regarding guest reservations and wait times (when applicable).
- Manage reservations in company provided software.
- Answer phones to provide accurate company information for the appropriate location.
- Escort customer to assigned throwing/bar areas.
- Provide menus and announce coach/server names.
- Greet customers upon their departure.
- Coordinate with managers/coaches/bartenders about reservation schedule changes.
- Maintain a clean reception area.
- Assist manager and coaches as needed.
- Will hire for attitude and train for skill
- Previous host/service industry or bar tending experience a plus
- Previous experience in axe throwing is encouraged but not required
- If no previous experience, must have a keen interest to learn
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Experience in managing reservations
- Strong ability to manage time efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrate customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire bar and throwing lane areas
- Available to work shifts as needed
- Good physical condition to walk and stand during an entire shift
- Be the age of 18 or older and eligible to work in the United States
- Confident and outgoing personality
- Health and safety conscious
- Reliable, self-motivated and responsible
- Have reliable means of transportation
- Up to date first aid certification a plus (must be willing to obtain)
Send resume or work experience to Mike Renner @ firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to be part of a growing, local company that is focused on fun and customer service, this is for you. Dueling Axes, an urban axe throwing lounge, opened its doors in 2018 in Downtown Columbus, OH and quickly became one of the area’s most sought after experiences. With recent expansions into the New Albany, OH and Las Vegas, NV markets, we provide a unique, fun and safe experience to our customers by providing an approachable, inviting atmosphere, good music and an experience you cannot forget.
Dueling Axes and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. Dueling Axes strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.